TORONTO DOG WALKING COVID-19 RESOURCE PAGE
I am pleased to announce that effective January 19th, 2021, the Ministry of Health (Ontario) officially cleared up any confusion regarding their messaging about dog walkers and dog walking services they provide.
Our petition with over 5800+ signatures was heard loud and clear and dog walkers have been deemed an essential service and are officially allowed to service all pet owners.
I want to personally thank all of you for your support with our petition and we look forward to serving you and your dog.
Founder We Wag Toronto
OVER 5800+ SIGNATURES
On December 26th, 2020 the Province of Ontario sent out unclear messaging about dog walking services forcing dog walkers to shut down their businesses.
Our team decided to start a petition as we could see the suffering some of these animals were enduring by not getting outside for proper bathroom breaks and exercise. Because of your signatures, we got a lot of media attention, which in-turn got the provinces attention.
OUR SAFETY PROTOCOLS
1. No contact pick-up and drop off with the dogs when owners are home.
2. Practice social distancing while walking outdoors at all times and maintain at least 6 feet disance.
3. Wear a mask while picking up or dropping off dogs.
4. Dog walkers should use their own leashes at all times which are sanitized after each use.
5. A full rigorous wash with soap and water at the end of each day.
6. Sanitize regularly when touching any surface as well as before and after each walk.
7. Clearly stipulate that dog walkers and clients, must cancel the walk should either of them exhibit symptoms or test positive to COVID-19.